3. Additional Terms & Conditions for SPPOT Dog Walking
Health & Wellbeing: Dog Walking
Puppies must be fully vaccinated to have a full walking service and we will only walk puppies as far as is advisable for their age and breed. However, we also offer a pre-vaccination socialisation service – just ask for details.
All health information is requested at the initial home visit so that we can form a dog walking plan with you that accounts for any health concerns.
It is vital that customers keep us informed on ongoing or new health problems so that we can take proper care of your dog.
Identification: Dog Walking
All dogs must also wear a collar with identification as per the current law. This is still the law, because if a dog has their address on their ID tag, they can be returned home much more easily than going through the process of finding a microchip scanner.
All dogs must also be microchipped as this is now law too.
Meals as part of the Dog Walking Service
We are happy to feed dogs as part of their dog walking service, however, please bear in mind that larger breeds should not be walked an hour either side of a meal due to the risk of gastric torsion or ‘bloat’ which can be fatal. This is also sensible if you have a high energy dog or a smaller one with a deep chest.
Please also note that we charge by the hour, from when the Volunteer Dog Walker arrives at your house, until they leave your house. This normally means they get a 50 minute walk but feeding would take up part of that time.
Reservations need to be made via the online application and booking system unless the customer doesn’t have access to the internet.
Booking policy & procedure: Dog Walking
1. To ensure customers get the reservations they want, we strongly recommend booking in advance.
2. All regular dog walking should be booked and managed via email to email@example.com// or by phoning the SPPOT Office.
3. Ad-hoc dog walks must be booked via our online ‘dog walking request’ system.
- Customers who cannot use the internet, may book in person or over the phone to the SPPOT office during office hours and all bookings will be made on their behalf by SPPOT staff.
- Full instructions are provided when you register with us.
- It is important to keep your login information safe.
- If you lose the link to the booking system, you can access it via the Dog Walking page of our website
4. Providing as much notice as possible, means your request is more likely to be approved
5. Making a ‘dog walking request’ does not mean your booking has been made, please wait to receive an email confirmation that we can (or cannot) walk your dog on the days requested.
6. The Dog Walking Request system only works for ad hoc walks.
7. Ad-hoc/non-regular) bookings will be accommodated wherever possible but may not always be possible.
8. It is the responsibility of customers to ensure that they make their own bookings and do their own edits and cancellations, using the online booking system or by phoning or emailing.
1. Dog walking is invoiced at the start of every month, for the sessions that have taken place the previous month, so you will never be charged for future sessions.
2. Dog walking invoices are sent by email by default and by post for anyone who does not use email.
3. To keep costs down, please use BACS payments as far as possible, details are on the invoices
4. Please note that all cheque and cash payments must be made via the SPPOT office in person or post, but please pay by bank transfer if you can
Dog Walking Cancellations
Advance bookings can be cancelled if needed, up to 1 week (7 days) before the booking without incurring a charge, by simply logging in and following the on-screen instructions.
Cancellations made between 48 hours (2 days) and 7 days before the booking will be charged half the fee – unless the place is filled, in which case no charge will be made.
Cancellations made in the 48 hours before the booking will be charged the full fee – unless the place is filled, in which case no charge will be made
Transportation Service: Dog Walking
We do not currently offer a transportation service as standard as most of our Volunteer Dog Walkers use buses or arrive on foot to keep costs down and customers prices low.
However, in some instances, we may be able to assist with transporting dogs to and from walks and this will be agreed and costed individually.